Terms & Conditions
1. All flight times quoted are approximate. Flight times may vary either way on the day subject to Air Traffic and Operational requirements.
2. All flights are carried out subject to suitable weather conditions, aircraft serviceability and operational requirements being met, as such all flights are subject to cancellation at short notice. In the event of your flight being cancelled for any reason whatsoever, including helicopter un-serviceability and/or inclement weather the operator (Solent Helicopters Ltd) will not be responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs incurred.
3. Flight routes may be changed/varied on the day at the pilot or operator’s discretion due to any air traffic restrictions imposed or for operational or safety circumstances beyond our control.
4. We are unable to refund the cost of any of our flight vouchers under any circumstances. However, all vouchers are transferrable to another person(s) provided we are notified in writing at least 48 hours prior to the date of the flight.
5. Children must be three years of age or above to be carried on any of our Flight Experience, Sightseeing or Pleasure Flights. All Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
6. Children must be 14 years or over to undertake a Flight Experience/Trial Lesson flight (Not applicable to Sightseeing and Pleasure Flights)
7. Passengers carried on Air Experience / Pilot Experience / Trial Lesson Flights (not applicable to Sightseeing and/or Pleasure Flights) are classed as ‘Observers’ and should be family or friends of the voucher recipient/student who are sharing the experience with a view to learning to fly. These observers will only be permitted to fly at the discretion of the flight instructor on the day of the flight.
8. There is an individual passenger weight restriction of 18 Stone/114 kg on all of our Helicopter Experience Flights and Sightseeing Tours. Please contact us if you are above this weight limit and we will try to accommodate you, however you may be required to purchase additional seating space.
If you are booking a Trial Lesson Experience Flight the weight restriction is 16 Stone/102 kg.
9. The Pilot/Instructor as Captain of the aircraft has at his/her discretion the right to refuse to carry any person onboard the aircraft whom they consider to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who is acting inappropriately in any manner or way. The Captain’s word is final in this instance.
10. All participants should ensure that they are in reasonably good health. If in doubt they should seek the medical advice of a GP.
11. Passengers wishing to take/use cameras and/or other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own risk.
12. The Company (Solent Helicopters Ltd) reserves the right to alter operating venues at its sole discretion due to any operational concerns or circumstances.
13. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of all passengers and guests it shall be noted that neither the aircraft owner nor the aircraft operator (Solent Helicopters Ltd) can be held liable for any loss, damage or injury to any persons or their property/belongings, which does not result from their direct negligence.
14. Any participant/person failing to take their confirmed flight shall render the flight voucher invalid, unless 7 days prior notice of cancellation has been given.
15. In the event that any flight is cancelled by the operator, the flight voucher shall remain valid until the original expiry date shown and the flight will be re-booked for a mutually convenient date.
16. Vouchers are valid for 9 months from the date of issue, which may be extended on payment of an administration fee.
17. You must bring your Flight Voucher and Booking Confirmation with you when you come take your flight.
To ensure the safety of the aircraft, and all those on board, passengers’ checked-in or hand baggage must not contain articles or substances that could pose a danger (some exemptions apply), these include:
Batteries can short circuit and catch fire if they are carried loose in your bag. They must be protected against contact with other metal items (e.g. by being in their original packaging or own protective case) and carried in your hand baggage. Equipment containing correctly installed batteries can be packed in your checked baggage.
click for more information from the CAA